Friday, August 27, 2010

First idea

Knowing that this semester I was having to figure out what kind of project I wanted to do on my own, I started brain storming during the summer here and there. A lot of my friends have tattoos and I started researching and realized there hasn't been anyone I could find that turned tattoos into a fine art degree. I was thinking about doing a series of tryptic's while in some introducing mixed media with one or two from the series. My thought was to have the tattoo up close and personal in the middle probably in black and white, then on each side have one shot of the person and the other dealing with the tattoo. Because a tattoo always has a story that runs deeper than the skin and I want to try and achieve that in my work.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds really interesting. I am assuming you'd be using photography as the base for the mixed media?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was planning on using photography and I was thinking about adding brush strokes or something around that line but First I need to decide between this and the Doucin Pierre idea

    ReplyDelete